The new Jim Crow : mass incarceration in the age of colorblindness / Michelle Alexander.
Argues that mass incarceration of African- and Latino Americans in the United States is a form of social control, and contends the civil rights community needs to become more active in protecting the rights of criminals.
- ISBN: 9781595586438 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 1595586431
- Physical Description: xvii, 312 pages ; 24 cm
- Edition: Revised edition.
- Publisher: New York : New Press, 
- Copyright: ©2012
"With a new foreword by Cornell West"--Cover.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (p. -296) and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
The rebirth of caste -- The lockdown -- The color of justice -- The cruel hand -- The new Jim Crow -- The fire this time.
Pub Weekly, November 2009
Choice, November 2010
Kirkus Review, November 2009
Multicultural Review, June 2010
|Target Audience Note:||
Adult Follett Library Resources
Search for related items by subject
- 1 of 1 copy available at York County Libraries.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.